Sunday, May 9, 2010

My studies.



I have been studying a lot of the talks the general authorities I recently came across one that President Dieter F. Uchtdorf gave during the last General Young Women's meeting. Entitled Your Happily Ever After.

A summary of this talk is he talks about how all the princesses in stories that start with "Once upon a time" always have to come over a trial before finding their "Happily Ever After" Examples being Cinderella has to deal with a Evil Step mother and sisters. Sleeping beauty dealing with a curse. All the fairy tales have some sort of Adversity.

"In each of these stories, Cinderella,
Belle, and the miller’s daughter have
to experience sadness and trial before
they can reach their “happily ever
after.” Think about it. Has there ever
been a person who did not have to go
through his or her own dark valley of
temptation, trial, and sorrow?
Sandwiched between their “once
upon a time” and “happily ever after,”
they all had to experience great
adversity. Why must all experience sadness
and tragedy? Why could we not
simply live in bliss and peace, each day
filled with wonder, joy, and love?
The scriptures tell us there must be
opposition in all things, for without it
we could not discern the sweet from
the bitter."

He continues on its not what trials we go through but it is how we endure it. He councils us to "Stay true to what we know is right" Endure it well and turn to the lord. The lord will bless you On how close you stay to the trail when you are experiences these trials.

Some things I have been learning during my time adversity are these. I am a beloved child of god. He has not left my side and guides me continually. I am very capable. I am strong enough to provide for myself and I am in control of my own happiness. I also know I am surrounded with people who care for me and love me.

1 comment:

GreenTeam said...

That's awesome about happy ever after, even after you find your man there are trials but there is much more good than bad! Not trying to discourage re-marriage but its not all pretty all the time! That's what I've been realizing in teaching some days I will just want to kill some kids and I won't be a great teacher some days but if I were PERFECT all the time I wouldn't learn anything right!? I love that about education, you NEVER stop LEARNING! :)

GO LARA YOU ROCK AND CAN MAKE IT THROUGH! I BELIEVE IN YOU AND I KNOW YOU WILL MAKE IT TO YOUR HAPPILY EVER AFTER! :D