Saturday, May 1, 2010

Well...

Well I know I haven't been updating like I used to. I've been pretty busy trying to stay afloat in these times.

A lot has been on my mind and in my heart, its been hard to understand everything. I know I am going through a hard and very difficult time. I've been talking to a friend who has been going through a divorce as well and today it hit me.

I'm tired of putting a face on where I hide that I'm in pain. God gave me emotions and needs and maybe one thing I need to learn is to depend on God more and his servants by allowing them to come in my life and help me.

I know I get a kick when someone comes to me for help and I actually help them! Like that warm fuzzy feeling. Who am I to not give that warm fuzzy to other people who deserve them?

Some questions I have had in my head have come down to this. Now what? I've been looking at this in a pessimistic view for the past few weeks and tonight one of my good friends posted a quote by William Ernest Henley.

The quote is:

"I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul. In the fell clutch of circumstance, I have not winced nor cried aloud: Under the bludgeoning of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll; I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul."

This quote has made me realize that I need to become Stronger and not be all Woe is me. I am the Captain of my soul, The source of strength and direction in my life. Right now I am fighting a major storm but I know I can make it through.

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

well said my friend. You are the captain of your soul, but really the first mate of your life's ship. Christ is your captain and He's weathered the roughest storms out there. He'll guide you through this one.